MAG 1® Natural Gas Low Ash SAE 40 Engine Oil
Natural Gas Engine Oil Heavy Duty Engine Oil
Featuring MAG 1® with FMX® Technology – Friction Management for Xtreme protection™. MAG 1® provides unsurpassed protection and performance.
MAG 1® Natural Gas Low Ash SAE 40 Engine Oil is designed specifically for use in medium and high speed (rpm) gas engines fueled by processed or pipeline natural gas or other gas sources that may contain corrosive materials. Benefits include:
- Formulated with thermally stable, high VI base oils that are naturally resistant to oxidation.
- Excellent oil oxidation life.
- Robust engine component wear protection.
- Outstanding level of deposit control for low-ash oils while also effectively neutralizing the corrosive byproducts of combustion.
- Special valve cushioning additive components help reduce exhaust valve seat and face wear during severe service.
- The low-ash, low-phosphorus composition meets Non-Selective Catalytic Reduction (NSCR) catalyst compatibility requirements.
Powerful Anti-Friction, Anti-Wear Chemistry
MAG 1® provides outstanding control of friction and wear. Advanced molecules bond together to create a wear-resistant shield that works to build barriers that reduce friction and wear.
Withstands the Most Extreme Conditions
MAG 1® provides unsurpassed protection even in the harshest conditions.
OEMs continue to evolve equipment designs and operating conditions are becoming more severe. One brand has evolved right alongside today’s equipment – MAG 1®. Only the most advanced oils meet the difficult challenges of effectively balancing performance, strength and durability.
MAG 1 Natural Gas Engine Oil is specially engineered and formulated to provide:
- Low-ash oil helps neutralize corrosion.
- Outstanding deposit control.
- Excellent wear protection.
- Thermal stability and long life.
Specially designed and blended for use in heavy duty four-stroke engines operating on pipeline quality natural gas under high load conditions in all seasons. It is also recommended for high-speed four-stroke gas engines used in cogeneration applications and for engines fueled by synthetic gas. Suitable for use with fuels containing low levels of sulfur and Chloro-Fluoro Carbons (CFCs). Some typical applications where low-ash natural gas engine oils are used include:
- Natural gas compression and transmission.
- Wellhead gas pumpers.
- Oil pumpers.
- Irrigation systems.
- Total energy systems.
- Waste water treatment cogeneration plants.
- Landfill gas cogeneration systems.
- Manure gas cogeneration.
|Flash Point °C||ASTM D92||220|
|Flash Point °F||ASTM D92||428|
|Gravity, °API||ASTM D287||29.85|
|Phosphorus, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.025|
|Pour Point °C (°F)||ASTM D5950||-27°C (-17°F)|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C)||ASTM D4052||0.877|
|Sulfated Ash, wt. %||ASTM D874||0.46|
|TBN, mgKOH/g||ASTM D2896||5.7|
|Viscosity @ 100°C cSt||ASTM D445||13.58|
|Viscosity @ 40°C cSt||ASTM D445||134.65|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||96|
|Zinc, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.027|
|330 Gallon Tote||Product Number - 66725|
Information accurate as of January 1, 2022