MAG 1® Conventional 10W-40 Motor Oil
Conventional Motor Oil Passenger Car Motor Oil
MAG 1® Conventional 10W-40 Motor Oil is formulated for older vehicles and/or high-temperature climates, if thicker oil is preferred. It also delivers the following benefits:
- Resists thermal breakdown and reduces deposit formation for longer, better engine protection.
- Additives work to keep engines clean.
- Provides a strong film barrier to control friction, resist wear and keep metal surfaces from coming into contact.
Conventional Motor Oil featuring Evolutionary Performance™
MAG 1® with FMX® Technology – Friction Management for Xtreme protection™ provides these benefits:
Controls friction and wear.
- Engineered to handle the most severe or extreme environmental conditions and engine stress.
Provides a strong oil film to avoid metal-to-metal contact, even under extreme stress.
- Excellent wear protection. Advanced molecules bond together to prevent metal-to-metal contact of rotating engine parts.
- Enhanced friction reduction. MAG 1 oils react to heat to produce a critical friction-reducing barrier that protects metal surfaces.¹
Stands up to the heat and shearing so it extends oil life.
- Excellent oxidation and deposit control.
- Retains viscosity and prevents thermal breakdown. The oil excels even in the harshest conditions.
¹ To measure friction reduction benefits, engineers used the ball-on-disk traction test.
- Provides performance benefits for passenger cars, light trucks and sport utility vehicles; plus new and rebuilt engines.
|API SJ, SH, SG, SF||Meets Requirements|
|API SL||Meets Requirements|
|API SM||Meets Requirements|
|API SN||Meets Requirements|
|API SN Plus||Meets Requirements|
|Boron, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.02|
|Calcium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.099|
|Cold Cranking Simulator at (°C), cP||ASTM D5293||6100 (-25)|
|Flash Point °C||ASTM D92||237|
|Flash Point °F||ASTM D92||459|
|Foam Seq. III (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Foam Seq. II (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Foam Seq. I (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Gravity, °API||ASTM D287||31.71|
|High Temperature Foaming, static foam||ASTM D6082 (Opt A)||0/0|
|High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 150°C, cP||ASTM D5481||3.99|
|Magnesium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.059|
|Molybdenum, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.0079|
|Nitrogen, wt. %||ASTM D4629||0.087|
|Noack Volatility, % loss||ASTM D6375||11|
|Phosphorus, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.077|
|Pour Point °C (°F)||ASTM D5950||-39°C (-38°F)|
|Pumping Viscosity at (°C), cP||ASTM D4684||30,000 (-30)|
|Shear Stability, Final Viscosity in cSt||ASTM D6278||11.5|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C)||ASTM D4052||0.8670|
|Sulfated Ash, wt. %||ASTM D874||0.92|
|Sulfur, wt. %||ASTM D4951||0.3|
|TBN, mgKOH/g||ASTM D2896||7.0|
|Viscosity @ 100°C cSt||ASTM D445||14.96|
|Viscosity @ 40°C cSt||ASTM D445||107.3|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||145|
|Zinc, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.085|
|330 Gallon Tote||Product Number - 69536|
|55 Gallon Drum||Product Number - 62849|
|3/1 Gallon||Product Number - 69136|
|6/1 Quart||Product Number - 61650|
|3/4 Liter||Product Number - 63579|
Information accurate as of May 5, 2020