Limited Warranty Program
MAG 1® brand lubricants have been formulated to give the very best engine and transmission protection, and we are proud to be able to stand behind their quality. We warrant all MAG 1® lubricants to be free from defects and to protect your vehicle’s critical engine or transmission parts from fluid-related failure. We want you to be as confident in the oil you use in your automobile as we are in the products we manufacture.
What Does It Cover?
If a MAG 1® automotive oil or transmission fluid is shown to be defective, Highline Warren will replace the defective lubricant and will pay for the reasonable cost of, at the sole option of Highline Warren, repair or replacement of any critical engine part whose damage was directly caused by a defect or malfunction of the lubricant. This limited warranty excludes repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wear.
Do I qualify?
- The vehicle is using the appropriate MAG 1® lubricant type recommended by the OEM and was using such MAG 1® lubricant at the time of any engine, transmission, or component failure.
- The engine was serviceable at the time the MAG 1® lubricant was installed.
- The MAG 1® lubricant was selected and maintained in accordance with specifications of the OEM or used in accordance with the MAG 1® product instructions.
- If the vehicle was used for commercial or agricultural purposes, the appropriate Mag 1 product for these applications must have been used.
- The failure of the vehicle or lubricant was not due to contamination, water, or excessively severe conditions.
- The lubricant used must have been put in service not later than 3 years from date of manufacture.
- The vehicle must have had regular oil changes at least every twelve (12) months.
- The MAG 1® lubricant was not used in conjunction with any other product or additive not authorized for use by Warren Distribution.
Period Of Coverage
Unless otherwise stated on the applicable MAG 1 product label, this MAG 1® limited warranty is valid for 3,000 miles or the length of the OEM recommended fluid change interval for your vehicle.
Submit a Claim
To file a claim under this limited warranty, you must:
- Notify Highline Warren at 1-800-825-1235 as soon as you discover any defect in the lubricant or damage to a critical engine part, but no later than 6 months from the date the damage occurred.
- Take a 10-ounce representative sample of the used lubricant in question from the failed or damaged vehicle and place into a clean, dry container. Mail at your expense the following items to Highline Warren, Attn: Risk Manager, 950 S. 10th Street, Suite 300, Omaha, Nebraska 68108
- The 10 ounce fluid sample (see above)
- Documentation describing the make, model and year of the vehicle, and total accumulated miles
- Vehicle maintenance history documentation including miles at the time of MAG 1® lubricant installation, general equipment repairs, and oil analysis results (if available)
- Proof of purchase of MAG 1® lubricant (if available)
- Batch number from oil container or certificate of analysis (if available)
- Keep all damaged parts for inspection by Highline Warren. Allow a Highline Warren representative to inspect the vehicle, including any damaged engine, component or automotive system. Cooperate with the Highline Warren investigation of the claim and provide the information reasonably requested.
Limitation of Liability
THE LIMITED WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN IS INTENDED TO AND WILL BEYOUR ONLY RECOVERY AGAINST HIGHLINE WARREN. HIGHLINE WARREN EXCLUDES AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (for example, transportation costs to and from inspection or repair locations, loss of use, towing charges, bus fare, car rentals, or the cost of repairing or replacing other property that was damaged when the lubricant was defective).
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. For example, some states do not allow the exclusion/limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion/limitation may not apply to you. Also, some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above period of coverage limitation may not apply to you. Contact our Customer Services Department to inquire about a claim or for questions about Highline Warren's Limited Warranty.