MAG 1® Full Synthetic 5W-40 CK-4 Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil
Full Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil Heavy Duty Engine Oil
Featuring MAG 1® with FMX® Technology – Friction Management for Xtreme protection™. Provides unsurpassed protection, even in our lightest viscosities. Protects better than the thick oils of the past.
MAG 1 Full Synthetic 5W-40 is technologically advanced heavy duty diesel engine oil that provides unsurpassed protection and performance, including the following benefits:
- Our best cold temperature performance.
- Superior extended drain capability.
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of OEMs.
Engineering and Innovation for Extra Protection
MAG 1® with FMX® Technology provides unsurpassed protection in every viscosity. Even our lowest viscosity oils protect better than thick oils of the past. FMX Technology creates a strong, durable and high-performing level of protection that controls friction and reduces metal-to-metal contact.
Our advanced oil technology actually improves oil properties over time, retaining viscosity, friction and anti-wear benefits, even in today’s hotter engines, reducing the need for thicker oil. This is exactly the kind of protection called for in today’s engines that deliver greater horsepower and better fuel economy.
Full Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil featuring FMX® Technology and Evolutionary Performance™
The latest MAG 1® Full Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oils are specially engineered and formulated to provide:
Unsurpassed protection for extended drain intervals.
Up to 1.6% improved fuel mileage.1
- Improved fuel economy. Reduces fuel costs without sacrificing engine protection and performance.
- Extended oil drain intervals. Fuel economies can be gained when following engine manufacturer recommendations and in conjunction with scheduled oil analysis.
Up to 53% better wear protection.2
- Enhanced friction reduction. MAG 1® provides a very strong oil film to prevent metal-to-metal
contact between rotating parts, delivering up to 53% better wear protection.³
- Unsurpassed wear protection. The latest generation API
CK-4 MAG 1 engine oils provide increased protection against harmful engine and
bearing wear due to cavitation, because they improve oil aeration.
Up to 83% better oxidation control.2
Up to 63% better deposit control.2
- Better oxidation and deposit control. FMX® Technology stands up to high heat and stress to
protect as well on the last day as it does on the first day. Up to 83% better
oxidation control and 63% better deposit control.⁴
- Formulated with higher starting TBN (10). Provides added oxidation
control and protection against acid buildup that can cause rust and corrosion.
¹ Using HD 10W-30 CK-4, compared to Conventional HD 15W-40 CK-4 during on-highway long-haul service. Savings will vary on idle time and other driving conditions of your fleet or vehicle.
² Compared to new limits of API CK-4 requirements.
³ To measure friction reduction benefits, engineers used the ball-on-disk traction test.
⁴ Compared to new limits of API CK-4 requirements.
- This product and grade is a fuel economy and mixed fleet engine oil recommended for naturally aspirated and turbocharged four-stroke diesel engines in which the API CK-4 service categories are recommended. It is formulated for engines operating under severe service and a wide range of cold and hot temperatures.
- It is backward compatible for CJ-4 and older API service categories.
- Approved by or meets requirements of major OEMs such as Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack/Volvo, Paccar, Navistar, Caterpillar, and others.
|ACEA E9, E7, E4, E2||Meets Requirements|
|API CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-2, CF||Meets Requirements|
|API CJ-4||Meets Requirements|
|API SJ, SH, SG, SF||Meets Requirements|
|API SL||Meets Requirements|
|API SM||Meets Requirements|
|CAT ECF-3, ECF-2, ECF-1-a||Meets Requirements|
|Chrysler/Fiat MS-10902||Meets Requirements|
|CID A-A-52306, MIL-PRF-2104G||Meets Requirements|
|Cummins 20086||Meets Requirements|
|Cummins CES 20081, 20077, 20076||Meets Requirements|
|Detroit Diesel 93K218, 93K215, 93K214||Meets Requirements|
|Detroit Diesel 93K222||Meets Requirements|
|Ford WSS-M2C171-E||Meets Requirements|
|Global DHD-1||Meets Requirements|
|JASO DH-2||Meets Requirements|
|Mack EO-O Premium Plus, EO-N Premium Plus 03, EO-M Plus, and prior||Meets Requirements|
|Mack EOS-4.5||Meets Requirements|
|MAN 3275, 270||Meets Requirements|
|MAN 3575||Meets Requirements|
|MB 228.3, 228.31||Meets Requirements|
|MTU 2.1||Meets Requirements|
|MTU Type I, Type II||Meets Requirements|
|Renault RLD-4||Meets Requirements|
|Volvo VDS-4, 3, 2||Meets Requirements|
|Volvo VDS-4.5||Meets Requirements|
|Allison C-4||Suitable for Use|
|Calcium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.082|
|Cold Cranking Simulator at (°C), cP||ASTM D5293||6535 (-30)|
|Flash Point °C||ASTM D92||225|
|Flash Point °F||ASTM D92||437|
|Gravity, °API||ASTM D287||33.57|
|High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 150°C, cP||ASTM D5481||3.5|
|Magnesium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.116|
|Molybdenum, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.007|
|Nitrogen, wt. %||ASTM D4629||0.124|
|Noack Volatility, % loss||ASTM D6375||12|
|Phosphorus, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.115|
|Pour Point °C (°F)||ASTM D5950||-45°C (-49°F)|
|Pumping Viscosity at (°C), cP||ASTM D4684||24,113 (-35)|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C)||ASTM D4052||0.8572|
|Sulfated Ash, wt. %||ASTM D874||0.99|
|Sulfur, wt. %||ASTM D4951||0.314|
|TBN, mgKOH/g||ASTM D2896||10|
|Viscosity @ 100°C cSt||ASTM D445||14.76|
|Viscosity @ 40°C cSt||ASTM D445||87.75|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||177|
|Zinc, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.127|
|55 Gallon Drum||Product Number - 68037|
|5 Gallon Pail||Product Number - 68036|
|330 Gallon Tote||Product Number - 68035|
|3/1 Gallon||Product Number - 62627|
|6/1 Quart||Product Number - 62625|
|6/1 Quart||Product Number - 70175|