MAG 1® Premium Conventional 15W-40 CK-4 Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil
Premium Conventional Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil Heavy Duty Engine Oil
Featuring MAG 1® with FMX® Technology – Friction Management for Xtreme protection™. Delivers unsurpassed protection when thicker oil is preferred or recommended by the OEM.
MAG 1® Premium Conventional 15W-40 CK-4 is technologically advanced heavy duty diesel engine oil that provides outstanding performance, including the following benefits:
- Recommended for use in a wide range of heavy-duty applications and operating environments found on and off highway, including engines operating under heavy loads.
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of OEMs.
- Backward compatible with diesel engines in which the API CJ-4, CI-4, CI-4 Plus and CH- 4 service categories are recommended.
Engineering and Innovation for Extra Protection
MAG 1® with FMX® Technology provides unsurpassed protection in every viscosity. FMX Technology creates a strong, durable and high-performing level of protection that controls friction and reduces metal-to-metal contact.
Our advanced oil technology actually improves oil properties over time, retaining viscosity, friction and anti-wear benefits, even in today’s hotter engines. This is exactly the kind of protection called for in today’s engines that deliver greater horsepower and better fuel economy.
Premium Conventional Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil featuring FMX® Technology and Evolutionary Performance™
The latest MAG 1 Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oils are specially engineered and formulated to provide:
- FMX Technology. Provides unsurpassed protection and performance.
Up to 53% better wear protection.1
- Enhanced friction reduction. MAG 1 provides a very strong oil film to prevent metal-to-metal contact between rotating parts, delivering up to 53% better wear protection.²
- Unsurpassed wear protection. The latest generation API CK-4 MAG 1 engine oils provide increased protection against harmful engine and bearing wear due to cavitation, because they improve oil aeration.
Up to 83% better oxidation control.1
Up to 63% better deposit control.1
- Better oxidation and deposit control. FMX Technology stands up to high heat and stress to protect as well on the last day as it does on the first day. Up to 83% better oxidation control and 63% better deposit control.³
- Formulated with higher starting TBN (10). Provides added oxidation control and protection against acid buildup that can cause rust and corrosion.
¹ Compared to new limits of API CK-4 requirements.
² To measure friction reduction benefits, engineers used the ball-on-disk traction test.
³ Compared to new limits of API CK-4 requirements.
- For naturally aspirated and turbocharged four-stroke diesel engines in which the API CK-4 service category is recommended.
- It is backward compatible for CJ-4 and older API service categories.
- Approved by or meets requirements of major OEMs such as Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack/Volvo, Paccar, Navistar, Caterpillar, and others.
|Detroit Diesel 93K222||Approved|
|ACEA E9, E7, E4, E2||Meets Requirements|
|API CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-2, CF||Meets Requirements|
|API CJ-4||Meets Requirements|
|API SJ, SH, SG, SF||Meets Requirements|
|API SL||Meets Requirements|
|API SM||Meets Requirements|
|CAT ECF-3, ECF-2, ECF-1-a||Meets Requirements|
|Chrysler/Fiat MS-10902||Meets Requirements|
|CID A-A-52306, MIL-PRF-2104G||Meets Requirements|
|Cummins CES 20081, 20077, 20076||Meets Requirements|
|Detroit Diesel 93K218, 93K215, 93K214||Meets Requirements|
|Ford WSS-M2C171-E||Meets Requirements|
|Global DHD-1||Meets Requirements|
|JASO DH-2||Meets Requirements|
|Mack EO-O Premium Plus, EO-N Premium Plus 03, EO-M Plus, and prior||Meets Requirements|
|MAN 3275, 270||Meets Requirements|
|MAN 3575||Meets Requirements|
|MB 228.3, 228.31||Meets Requirements|
|MTU 2.1||Meets Requirements|
|MTU Type I, Type II||Meets Requirements|
|Volvo VDS-4, 3, 2||Meets Requirements|
|CAT TO-2||Suitable for use|
|Allison C-4||Suitable for Use|
|Calcium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.105|
|Cold Cranking Simulator at (°C), cP||ASTM D5293||5832 (-20)|
|Flash Point °C||ASTM D92||224|
|Flash Point °F||ASTM D92||435|
|Gravity, °API||ASTM D287||30.10|
|High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 150°C, cP||ASTM D5481||4.2|
|Magnesium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.1|
|Molybdenum, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.0066|
|Nitrogen, wt. %||ASTM D4629||0.105|
|Noack Volatility, % loss||ASTM D6375||10|
|Phosphorus, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.115|
|Pour Point °C (°F)||ASTM D5950||-36°C (-33°F)|
|Pumping Viscosity at (°C), cP||ASTM D4684||20,000 (-25)|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C)||ASTM D4052||0.8756|
|Sulfated Ash, wt. %||ASTM D874||0.99|
|Sulfur, wt. %||ASTM D4951||0.32|
|TBN, mgKOH/g||ASTM D2896||10|
|Total Acid Number, mgKOH/g||ASTM D664||2.9|
|Viscosity @ 100°C cSt||ASTM D445||15.56|
|Viscosity @ 40°C cSt||ASTM D445||116.2|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||141|
|Zinc, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.127|
|6/1 Quart||Product Number - 61658|
|3/1 Gallon||Product Number - 62631|
|2/2.5 Gallon||Product Number - 61170|
|5 Gallon Pail||Product Number - 67980|
|6 Gallon Enviro Box®||Product Number - 69280|
|55 Gallon Drum||Product Number - 67983|
|330 Gallon Tote||Product Number - 67985|
|3/1 Gallon - Not for sale in US||Product Number - 64255|
|5 Gallon Pail -Not for sale in US||Product Number - 64257|