MAG 1® Synthetic Blend 15W-40 CK-4 Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil
Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil Heavy Duty Engine Oil
Featuring MAG 1® with FMX® Technology – Friction Management for Xtreme protection™. Delivers unsurpassed protection when thicker oil is preferred or recommended by the OEM. Our Synthetic Blend provides extra protection.
MAG 1 Synthetic Blend 15W-40 CK-4 is technologically advanced heavy duty diesel engine oil that provides extra protection and performance, compared to Conventional Engine Oil, including the following benefits:
- Excellent extended drain capability.
- Approved by or meets requirements of major OEMs such as Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack/Volvo, Paccar, Navistar, Caterpillar and others.
Engineering and Innovation for Extra Protection
MAG 1® with FMX® Technology provides unsurpassed protection and performance. FMX Technology creates a strong, durable and high-performing level of protection that controls friction and reduces metal-to-metal contact in modern and older engine design.
Our advanced oil technology actually improves oil properties over time, retaining viscosity, friction and anti-wear benefits, even in today’s hotter engines. This is exactly the kind of protection called for in engines that deliver greater horsepower and better fuel economy.
Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil featuring FMX® Technology and Evolutionary Performance™
The latest MAG 1® Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oils are specially engineered and formulated to provide:
Extra protection for extended drain intervals.
- Extended oil drain intervals. Economies can be gained when following engine manufacturer recommendations and in conjunction with scheduled oil analysis.
Up to 53% better wear protection.2
- Enhanced friction reduction. MAG 1® provides a very strong oil film to prevent metal-to-metal contact between rotating parts, delivering up to 53% better wear protection.³
- Unsurpassed wear protection. The latest generation API CK-4 MAG 1 engine oils provide increased protection against harmful engine and bearing wear due to cavitation, because they improve oil aeration.
Up to 83% better oxidation control.2
Up to 63% better deposit control.2
- Better oxidation and deposit control. FMX Technology stands up to high heat and stress to protect as well on the last day as it does on the first day. Up to 83% better oxidation control and 63% better deposit control.⁴
- Formulated with higher starting TBN (10). Provides added oxidation control and protection against acid buildup that can cause rust and corrosion.
1 Using HD 10W-30 CK-4, compared to Conventional HD 15W-40 CK-4 during on-highway long-haul service. Savings will vary on idle time and other driving conditions of your fleet or vehicle.
2 Compared to new limits of API CK-4 requirements.
³ To measure friction reduction benefits, engineers used the ball-on-disk traction test.
⁴ Compared to new limits of API CK-4 requirements.
- This product and grade is diesel engine oil recommended for naturally aspirated and turbocharged four-stroke diesel engines in which the API CK-4 service categories are recommended. It is formulated for engines operating under severe service and a wide range of cold and hot temperatures.
- It is backward compatible for CJ-4 and older API service categories.
- Approved by or meets requirements of major OEMs such as Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack/Volvo, Paccar, Navistar, Caterpillar, and others.
|ACEA E9, E7, E4, E2||Meets Requirements|
|API CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-2, CF||Meets Requirements|
|API CJ-4||Meets Requirements|
|API SJ, SH, SG, SF||Meets Requirements|
|API SL||Meets Requirements|
|API SM||Meets Requirements|
|CAT ECF-3, ECF-2, ECF-1-a||Meets Requirements|
|Chrysler/Fiat MS-10902||Meets Requirements|
|CID A-A-52306, MIL-PRF-2104G||Meets Requirements|
|Cummins 20086||Meets Requirements|
|Cummins CES 20081, 20077, 20076||Meets Requirements|
|Detroit Diesel 93K218, 93K215, 93K214||Meets Requirements|
|Detroit Diesel 93K222||Meets Requirements|
|Ford WSS-M2C171-E||Meets Requirements|
|Global DHD-1||Meets Requirements|
|JASO DH-2||Meets Requirements|
|Mack EO-O Premium Plus, EO-N Premium Plus 03, EO-M Plus, and prior||Meets Requirements|
|Mack EOS-4.5||Meets Requirements|
|MAN 3275, 270||Meets Requirements|
|MAN 3575||Meets Requirements|
|MB 228.3, 228.31||Meets Requirements|
|MTU 2.1||Meets Requirements|
|MTU Type I, Type II||Meets Requirements|
|Renault RLD-4||Meets Requirements|
|Volvo VDS-4, 3, 2||Meets Requirements|
|Volvo VDS-4.5||Meets Requirements|
|Allison C-4||Suitable for Use|
|Calcium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.105|
|Cold Cranking Simulator at (°C), cP||ASTM D5293||5398 (-20)|
|Flash Point °C||ASTM D92||224|
|Flash Point °F||ASTM D92||435|
|Gravity, °API||ASTM D287||30.55|
|High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 150°C, cP||ASTM D5481||4.3|
|Magnesium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.1|
|Molybdenum, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.0066|
|Nitrogen, wt. %||ASTM D4629||0.105|
|Noack Volatility, % loss||ASTM D6375||10|
|Phosphorus, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.115|
|Pour Point °C (°F)||ASTM D5950||-36°C (-33°F)|
|Pumping Viscosity at (°C), cP||ASTM D4684||21,600 (-25)|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C)||ASTM D4052||0.8732|
|Sulfated Ash, wt. %||ASTM D874||0.99|
|Sulfur, wt. %||ASTM D4951||0.32|
|TBN, mgKOH/g||ASTM D2896||10.0|
|Viscosity @ 100°C cSt||ASTM D445||15.66|
|Viscosity @ 40°C cSt||ASTM D445||116.1|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||143|
|Zinc, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.127|
|6/1 Quart||Product Number - 65033|
|3/1 Gallon||Product Number - 64845|
|5 Gallon Pail||Product Number - 70015|
|55 Gallon Drum||Product Number - 69935|
|330 Gallon Tote||Product Number - 69205|
|6/1 Quart - Not for Sale in US||Product Number - 69042|
|3/1 Gallon - Not for Sale in US||Product Number - 69044|
|5 Gallon Pail - Not for Sale in US||Product Number - 69058|
|55 Gallon Drum - Not for Sale in US||Product Number - 69046|