MAG 1® Synthetic Blend 5W-20 Motor Oil
Synthetic Blend Motor Oil Passenger Car Motor Oil
OEMs continue to evolve engine designs that demand more from motor oil. One brand has evolved right alongside – MAG 1®.
Synthetic Blend 5W-20 Motor Oil provides extra protection and peace of mind, compared with conventional oil. It provides unsurpassed protection, even in our lightest viscosities. Protects better than the thick oils of the past.
- MAG 1 resists thermal breakdown and reduces deposit formation for longer, better engine protection than conventional oils.
- Additives work to keep engines clean.
- Provides a strong film barrier to control friction, resist wear and keep metal surfaces from coming into contact.
- Meets or exceeds U.S. and import car and light truck warranty requirements for most automotive gasoline engines currently in use.
Synthetic Blend Motor Oil featuring Evolutionary Performance™
MAG 1® with FMX® Technology – Friction Management for Xtreme protection™ provides these benefits:
Controls friction and wear more than 65% better than the latest API requirements.1
- Engineered to handle the most severe or extreme conditions.
- Provides extra protection, compared to conventional oil.
Provides a strong oil film to avoid metal-to-metal contact, even under extreme stress.
- Unsurpassed wear protection. Advanced molecules bond together to prevent metal-to-metal contact of rotating engine parts.
- Enhanced friction reduction. MAG 1 oils react to heat to produce a critical friction-reducing barrier that protects metal surfaces. 2
Stands up to the heat and shearing so it extends oil life.
- Better oxidation and deposit control. New engine design strategies for some OEMs result in higher operating temperatures and the need for greater protection.
- Retains viscosity and prevents thermal breakdown. The oil excels even in the harshest conditions.
1 As measured against the Sequence IV Average Cam Wear Limit for API SN.
2 To measure friction
reduction benefits, engineers used the ball-on-disk traction test.
- Provides extra performance benefits for passenger cars, light trucks and sport utility vehicles; plus new and rebuilt engines.
- Formulated to exceed ILSAC GF-5 performance requirements.
|API SN Plus||Approved|
|API SJ, SH, SG, SF||Meets Requirements|
|API SL||Meets Requirements|
|API SM||Meets Requirements|
|Chrysler MS-10797||Meets Requirements|
|Chrysler MS-6395||Meets Requirements|
|Ford WSS M2C945-A, M2C930-A, M2C153||Meets Requirements|
|GM 6094M||Meets Requirements|
|ILSAC GF-4||Meets Requirements|
|Boron, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.018|
|Calcium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.132|
|Cold Cranking Simulator at (°C), cP||ASTM D5293||5850 (-30)|
|Flash Point °C||ASTM D92||206|
|Flash Point °F||ASTM D92||403|
|Foam Seq. III (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Foam Seq. II (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Foam Seq. I (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Gravity, °API||ASTM D287||33.40|
|High Temperature Foaming, static foam||ASTM D6082 (Opt A)||30/0|
|High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 100°C, cP||ASTM D6616||6.01|
|High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 150°C, cP||ASTM D5481||2.72|
|Magnesium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.043|
|Molybdenum, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.004|
|Nitrogen, wt. %||ASTM D4629||0.086|
|Noack Volatility, % loss||ASTM D6375||14.8|
|Phosphorus, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.077|
|Pour Point °C (°F)||ASTM D5950||-45°C (-49°F)|
|Pumping Viscosity at (°C), cP||ASTM D4684||23,600 (-35)|
|Shear Stability, Final Viscosity in cSt||ASTM D6278||7.31|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C)||ASTM D4052||0.8581|
|Sulfated Ash, wt. %||ASTM D874||0.92|
|Sulfur, wt. %||ASTM D4951||0.3|
|TBN, mgKOH/g||ASTM D2896||7.0|
|Viscosity @ 100°C cSt||ASTM D445||9.012|
|Viscosity @ 40°C cSt||ASTM D445||52.43|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||153|
|Zinc, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.085|
|6/1 Quart||Product Number - 62943|
|330 Gallon Tote||Product Number - 65579|
|55 Gallon Drum||Product Number - 62909|
|6 Gallon Enviro Box®||Product Number - 65666|
|3/5 Quart||Product Number - 62941|